If you purchased the AC1200 recently, you should be looking for a way to do the setup of the Netgear AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender. In this guide, we have provided a simple and comprehensive guide on how to do this. No one wants an area of
The wireless extender captures the Wi-Fi signals transmitted by your access point or router and retransmits them to areas with weak Wi-Fi networks. The router needs outside help to reach your device through the Wi-Fi range extender.
Before pointing to the Netgear AC1200 Wi-Fi range extender setup, Let us talk about the concept of a wireless range extender.
Why do we need a range extender?
Many users like to choose the Netgear Ac1200 wifi range extender setup and don’t know where the problem is. Let us explain.
Let’s say you’re having a meeting with your client and suddenly the Wi-Fi signal in the room drops. Or, you have your favorite recipe videos on YouTube and just start cooking when the network goes down. The immediate reaction will be to check what is wrong and then you will search a room where you will find the network bars. But unfortunately, all of that will take too long to enjoy everything you’re doing.
The result was disappointing.
Now imagine if you have never experienced such interruptions while online. That’s what a wireless extender does. You don’t even know it, and the device continues to send your Wi-Fi signal to whatever room you’re sitting in or moving around without you even noticing. That’s what the Netgear AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender setup will give you.
To learn more about setting up the Netgear AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender, read the penultimate section of this article.
What makes Netgear extenders so popular?
Netgear is one of the leading manufacturers of wireless range extenders, and they have gained a foothold due to many factors, the first of which are incredibly advanced features. The Netgear WiFi repeater features beam forming technology that delivers a stable and fast signal by directing the network to specific devices. All models of Netgear extenders, including the Netgear AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender configuration, include this feature.
In addition, these extenders are well known for managing network traffic and access point data flows. Almost all Netgear extender models have the ability to act as an access point, which means the benefits are doubled. In addition, the company has launched many models that offer both frequencies, i.e. 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz.
How to set up Netgear AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender?
Here are the following steps to Setup Netgear Ac1200 Range Extender
- Plug your AC1200 into a power source and turn on the Wait for the LED on the device to turn green
- Next during the setup of the Netgear AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender, connect them.
- Open a web browser on your laptop or PC and try to access NETGEAR_EXT.
- Once done, your extender will light up use the same network as your router, then you need to enter the extender’s IP address in the URL bar to complete the setup of the Netgear AC1200 Wi-Fi Extender.
- You can check the extender’s IP address by logging into your router and going to the page that lists all connected Write it down. Now enter HTTP:// <extender’s IP address>
- Click the Connect button to start the setup of the Netgear AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender
- When the first screen appears, click New Extender Setup
- Fill in default login information you wrote down earlier
- Click Next
- You can change the SSID (network name) and password of the
- Click Next
- Click Finish
That’s all. Your Netgear AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender Setup has been completed successfully.